Featured Post

Is the new professionalism and ACP's new ethics really just about following guidelines?

The Charter ( Medical Professionalism in the New Millennium.A Physician's Charter) did not deal with just the important relationship of ...

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Medical Home the abstact ideal meets the bureacratic reality?

I had doubts about the concept of a Medical Home as a solution to the primary care crisis from the first time I read about it and you would have thought my spleen was fully vented in this verbose posting but...When I learned that the RUC would be making the payments rules my doubt titer went off the chart . Now when I read about how one such program is being introduced I can only say "you have got to be kidding me". Thanks to Kevin for the reference.

Dr. Douglas Farrago of Placebo Journal fame tells us about a plan in his home state that is recruiting docs for a program that cannot disclose how you will be paid or on what criteria you will be judged but there a lot of forms to fill out. That is an offer you do not want to pass up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suspect that Doctors really should pass on this opportunity, which sounds like a kind of sanctioned phishing scam. It also stikes me odd that all this attention on the supply side is ignoring the demand needs of patient/customers.
Chuck Brooks
FutureWare SCG